In what is becoming a monthly posting, I’m listing here many of the upcoming exhibition opportunities or calls for entry that I am considering for this month. A few are repeated from last month as we are coming up on the due date – I’m also trying to list them in chronological order based on due date. My hope is that these will be useful for photographers and other artists, particularly those in Maine and New England. Let me know if you have any other suggestions for this!
Vermont PhotoPlace Gallery – The Language of Light, absolute deadline of Feb. 7th
Santa Fe Workshops – new call for entries for photographs about “Light” (these first two are pretty broad, I’d say) – win a free workshop and other goodies, early submission deadline of Feb. 19th.
Photo Techniques Magazine “The Photographic Experience” Call for Entries, due Feb. 28th.
Vermont PhotoPlace Gallery – Black & White, deadline of Feb. 28th.
Penobscot Marine Museum Art of the Boat contest – entries due Mar. 15th.
Art of the Northeast USA at Silvermine Guild in New Canaan, CT – entries due Mar. 31st.
Griffin Museum of Photography Juried Exhibition, entries due Mar. 31 – another very good one.
Color Magazine Portfolio contest, due March 31st. Their website of course doesn’t have info on this, so check out a recent B&W or Color Magazine for details.
And lastly, this one from Åarhus Gallery is not juried but always fun (and for a good cause) for anyone within 30 miles of Belfast, ME:
CALL FOR ART
3rd Annual “44N 69W: Radius Belfast”
to Benefit Local Food Pantries
Åarhus Gallery once again, toasts our vast creative community by opening its walls to Maine residents of any age or training, living within a thirty mile radius of Belfast, to show their stuff – artwork, that is – in our all-encompassing 3rd Annual show entitled “44N 69W: Radius Belfast”. From potters, painters, and welders to musicians, knitters and mobile makers, all work falling within the gallery’s fairly liberal view of ‘decency’ will be presented on the walls, floor, or ceiling, as the case may be.
- Works in all media or size are eligible and preferably for sale.
- Please have work ready to hang; picture wires or sawtooth hangers properly affixed to work, sculpture pedestals can be made available.
- Work must have been made in the last year by any resident living within 30 miles of Belfast (as the crow flies).
- Deliver work to Åarhus Gallery, February 24th-27th, 11am-4pm.
- Sorry, no mail entries can be accepted.
- Unsold work must be picked up March 31st through April 3rd. One entry per person, all works will be shown (within our discretion)
- There is a $5 entry fee, which will be donated entirely to local food banks.
- Sales: Artists will receive 50% and Aarhus Gallery will donate 20% of total sales from the show to Food Banks within a 30 mile radius of Belfast.
An Opening Reception will be held Friday March 4th, 5-8pm. The show runs from March 3rd through March 27th 2011.
Åarhus Gallery is located at 50 Main Street, Belfast and open Thursday-Sunday 11am-4pm. Call 207-338-0001 during business hours for more information.